Monday, March 29, 2010

Duas from Hadith: 3 When encountering an enemy or being afraid of somebody, e.g. a ruler or your boss at work


1. It is also reported from Ibn ‘Umar that the Prophet, peace be upon him, said, “When you are afraid of a ruler or someone else, you should say, ‘There is no god but Allah, the Forbearing, the Gracious. Glory be to Allah, my Lord, glory be to Allah, the Lord of the seven heavens and of the mighty throne. There is no god but You, strong is your protection, and great is Your praise’.”
Source: Fiqh-us-Sunnah, Volume 4, #130
2. Ibn ‘Abbas said, “Hasbuna-Allah wa ni’am alwakil (Allah suffices us for everything and He is the most excellent guardian),” and then he added, “These words were uttered by the Prophet Ibrahim, peace be upon him, when he was thrown into the fire, and the Prophet Muhammad, peace be upon him, said these words when the people informed him, ‘The people have gathered against you’.” (Bukhari)
Source: Fiqh-us-Sunnah, Volume 4, #130
3. ‘Awf b. Malik reported that the Prophet, peace be upon him, judged the case of two men. The one who lost the case, turning away to go, said, “Allah is sufficient for us, and He is the best guardian.” The Prophet, peace be upon him, said to him, “Allah disapproves of weakness and impotence. You must put in effort and work, but if you are overwhelmed by a difficulty then say, ‘Allah is sufficient for me, and he is the most excellent guardian’.”
Source: Fiqh-us-Sunnah, Volume 4, #130

Seeking knowledge

1. The Apostle of Allah (peace be upon him) used to say: “O Allah, I seek refuge in Thee from four things: Knowledge which does not profit, a heart which is not submissive, a soul which has an insatiable appetite, and a supplication which is not heard.
Source: Narrated Abu Hurayrah in Sunan Abu Dawud, hadith 614.
2. When the Prophet, peace be upon him, woke he would say, “There is no god but You, glory be to You. O Allah, I seek Your forgiveness of my sins, and ask for Your mercy. O Allah, increase me in knowledge, and let not my heart deviate after You have guided me on the right path. Grant me mercy from You, for You are the Grantor of bounties without measure.”
Source: Fiqh-us-Sunnah, volume 1, # 121
3. Narrated Zayd ibn Arqam: I am not going to say anything but only that which Allah’s Apostle (peace be upon him) used to say. He used to supplicate: “O Allah, I seek refuge in Thee from incapacity, from sloth, from cowardice, from miserliness, decrepitude and from torment of the grave. O Allah, grant to my soul the sense of righteousness and purify it, for Thou art the Best Purifier thereof. Thou art the Protecting friend thereof, and Guardian thereof. O Allah, I seek refuge in Thee from the knowledge which does not benefit, from the heart that does not entertain the fear (of Allah), from the soul that does not feel contented and the supplication that is not responded.”
Source: Sahih Muslim, hadith 1260.

Seeking protection from evil

1. Ibn ‘Umar reports that when the Prophet went out for a battle or a journey, and night came upon him, he would say: “O Earth, my Lord and your Lord is Allah. I seek refuge in Allah from your evil and the evil of what is on you and the evil of what has been created upon you and the evil of what walks upon you. I seek refuge in Allah from lions and large black snakes, and from snakes and scorpions, and from the evil or all that inhabit the land, and the evil of a father and what he has fathered.” This is related by Ahmad and Abu Dawud.
Source: Fiqh-us-Sunnah, volume 2, #119b.
2. Ibn Mas’ud reported, “When it was evening the Prophet, peace be upon him, would supplicate, “We have evening and the whole Kingdom of Allah also has evening and all praise is due to Allah. There is no god but Allah, the One Who has no partner with Him, His is the Sovereignty and all Praise is due to Him, and He has power over all things. O Allah, I ask You the good of this night and I seek refuge in You from the evil of this night and the evil that follows it. O Allah, I seek refuge in You from sloth and from the evil of vanity. O Allah, I seek refuge in You from the torment of Hell-Fire and from the torment of the grave.” And likewise when it was morning he would say, “It is morning for us and [also] for the whole Kingdom of Allah.” (Muslim)
Source: Fiqh-us-Sunnah, volume 4, #115.

Dua Video: Dua for seeking refuge from Shaytan (Satan)



On seeing someone in distress

Abu Hurairah reported that the Prophet, peace be upon him, said: “If one sees an afflicted person and says, ‘Praise and thanks be to Allah Who has saved me from what he has afflicted you with, and has honored me over many of His creatures,’ he will be saved from that affliction.” (Reported by Tirmidhi, who considers it sound)
An-Nawawi states that the scholars said, “One should say the above mentioned supplication inaudibly so that the afflicted person should not hear it, lest he should be grieved by it. But if the affliction is the result of his sinful conduct then there is no harm in his listening if he is not heedful of evil.”
Source: Fiqh-us-Sunnah, volume 4, #126a.

Dua against sleeplessness–e.g., for road warriors

In another sound hadith, the Prophet (s) said, “Whoever wakes up from sleep and cannot go back to sleep, and says, “La ilaha illa-Allahu wahdahu la sharika lahu, lahul-mulk wa lahul-hamd, wa huwa ‘ala kulli sha’ in qadeer, al-hamdu lillahi, wa subhan’Allah, wa la ilaha illallahu, wallahu akbar, wala hawla wala quwwata illa billah (there is no god but Allah, He is One and has no partner, to Him belongs all praise and all authority, and He has power over all things, praise be to Allah, glory be to Aliah, there is no god but Allah, Allah is the greatest, there is no power nor any authority but with Allah),’ and then says, ‘Allahumma ighfir li (O Allah, forgive me), or asks some other thing, will be answered, and if he makes wudu and offers a prayer it will be accepted from him.”
Source: Fiqh-us-Sunnah, volume 4, #121.

Dua against nightmares

Yahya related to me from Malik that Yahya ibn Said said that he had heard that Khalid ibn al-Walid said to the Messenger of Allah (s) “I have nightmares.” The Messenger of Allah (s) said to him, “Say, ‘I seek refuge with the complete words of Allah from His anger and His punishment and the evil of His slaves, and from the evil suggestions of the shayatin and from their being present (at death).’  [Audhu bi kalimati' llahi't-tammati min ghadabihi wa iqabihi wa sharri ibadihi wa min hamazati' sh-shayatin wa an yahdurun.] “
Source: Al-Muwatta Hadith, volume 51: #9.

Concerning One’s Family or Property

On seeing something good and pleasing concerning one’s family or property one should say, “Allah’s will be done! There is no power or strength except with Allah.” (Reported by Ibn As-Sinni) And on seeing in them something unpleasant, he should say, “Praise and thanks be to Allah under all circumstances.” Allah says in the Qur’an (18.39), “Why did you not say, as you went into your garden, ‘Allah’s Will be done! There is no power but with Allah!”‘
Anas (r) reported, “The Prophet (s) said, ‘If for every blessing bestowed by Allah upon his servant in his family or property the servant says, “Allah’s will be done! There is no power but with Allah,” he will witness no misfortune concerning them except that of death’.”
(Reported by Ibn As-Sinni)
Source: Fiqh-us-Sunnah, volume 4, #125a.

Comprehensive Dua seeking Allah’s help as well victory and guidance

The Prophet (peace be upon him) used to supplicate Allah: “My Lord, help me and do not give help against me; grant me victory, and do not grant victory over me; plan on my behalf and do not plan against me; guide me, and made my right guidance easy for me; grant me victory over those who act wrongfully towards me; O Allah, make me grateful to Thee, mindful of Thee, full of fear towards Thee, devoted to Thy obedience, humble before Thee,or penitent. My Lord, accept my repentance, wash away my sin, answer my supplication, clearly establish my evidence, guide my heart, make true my tongue and draw out malice in my breast.”
Source: Abdullah Ibn Abbas, in Sunan Abu Dawood, Hadith #595

1 comment:

Komen


Sila ambil maklumat :) Dont Forget to Follow..

Subscibe Here